Friday, August 14, 2015

Konica Minolta 17-35mm f/2.8 - A Good Alternative to Sony Zeiss 16-35mm f/2.8

I have been searching high and low for a solution to my wide angle woes. I started out with a Sigma 16-35 something or other and that sucked donkey balls. Then I picked up a Tokina 11-16mm which is ok but it's not full frame. So then I tried a few Minolta's including the 28mm and the 20mm, the 20mm being the better of the two but not a stellar performer.

I've been trying to avoid spending $1500 on the Sony Zeiss 16-35mm, I just can't continue to buy thousand dollar lenses. Which is why I was truly relieved to find the Konica Minolta 17-35mm f/2.8 full frame lens.

I bought this one used for around $300 and it is in excellent condition. I just got it today and only had the chance to shoot a quick photo of my little office area in my army barracks room. More to come...




No comments:

Post a Comment